Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hillary Clinton's Website Lacks Education Policy. Period.

Following my plan to analyze candidates in alphabetical order, switching back and forth between Democrats and Republicans, I landed today on Hillary Clinton. After a thorough search of her website, I found no pages dedicated to her policy stances on different issues. So I looked harder, looking at her press releases, speeches and HillCast videos. But despite all my searching, I didn't find a single word on education on her site. The closest thing to a statement of positions are her HillCast videos, and so far she has only published clips focusing on Children's Health Care, Our Troops, Equal Pay, Energy and Iraq Roadmap. In terms of speeches, she address Government Reform, Labor, Civil Rights, Iran, Iraq, Foreign Policy, Voting Rights, Privacy, Social Justice, Women's Rights, Energy Policy, and Economic Plan. I'm sure somewhere burried in all of that I could find portions of her position on education, but it shouldn't require all of this searching to figure out what a candidate stands for or intends to do if elected. I hope others will be as frustrated as I am and put pressure on the campaign to make her policy positions on Education more clear.

No comments: